Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tastespotting....ummmm!

Tosca was right when she said that you need to have eaten recently, before visiting this site! Dominoes came to my rescue - but after looking at all the beautifully presented gastronomical delights, the pizza leaves me rather discontented!

What recipe did I choose.....(drumroll) "Chocolate Fudge Pudding" - Of course! I did have a quick squiz at a cheesecake/brownie recipe, but when I looked at the ingredients - my excitement quickly exited! Lots of ingredients that I doubted I could buy at the local supermarket :(

The Chocolate Fudge Pudding that I selected, incidentally, was one of Jamie Oliver's first recipes! Cool! I like Jamie Oliver and what he is trying to promote - home cooking with everyday ingredients that we can afford!

The site was pretty easily to use. You could spend a long time on that site and I supspect that many of the recipes have overseas ingredients - so you may find that annoying after a while. I am not sure whether I would use it again so I have subscribed to the site using "Feed my Inbox" so I can continue to see if I want to use this site over the next few months.

I don't mind looking at sites that are non work-related as a lot of the people I mix with enjoy cooking, and it is good to be able to share the "good recipes" with them - especially if they have a computer and the time to check the sites that I recommend to them!

What did I get out of Tastespotting? A beautiful cook book that I don't have to pay for!


A BIENTOT!


Jesus Freak

1 comment:

tosca said...

I heart Jamie Oliver and, on any day of the week, I heart chocolate LOL Very good post and I should've taken my advice and not read it until I'd had morning tea :) I'm not much of a cook but it gives me much pleasure to watch and play and, as someone who judges books by their covers, a site like TasteSpotting is my slice of heaven. I'm very glad you enjoyed this task :0) Only, now I want cheesecake LOL