Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Slideshare Exercise

I had a reasonable look at "Slideshow" last week but I didn't get around to completing the commentary. This site is similar to YouTube is some ways as you enter s keyword in to the search and you retrieve various home-made movies to view. In "Slideshow" I did a keyword search on "Christianity" and there were many interesting slideshows. One of them that cought my attention was a short slideshow on the challenges of Youth Ministry which I subsequently forwarded to one of our Youth Leaders! There were a couple of other ones that I thought were worth downloading also.

I think that this is a very useful site for all sorts of people. If you are wanting to get ideas about how to make a professional presentation on a topic or subject that you believe someone may have created, then it is worth checking out what has already been done! You may even want to access it and use it yourself -making sure that you acknowledge your source of course!

This site is worth while in a Library context as I could see myself recommending it to students who are doing class presentations, or recommending to teachers and students when I am doing outreaches to school. Adults who have commenced studies may not be aware of this site, so if I see any patrons using powerpoint for a slideshow I will check if they are aware of this site.

Often times we like to use slideshows for our church services and recently one of our youth leaders created one for the opening of our new church facility so I am always interested to find out what programmes they are using.

Looking forward to the next activity now......

Jesus Freak

No comments: